A Word From Our Pastor
Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are: Sunday Morning at 11am, Sunday Evening at 6pm and Wednesday Night at 7pm. You can also watch them on our Facebook Page either live or at any time afterward.
Yes, a nursery is provided during all service times. Come and enjoy our services while knowing your little one is being well taken care of. Nursery is provided for children ages 0-2. Our church also has a toddler class for those children ranging in age from 2-4 during each service.
We have 3 parking lots.
- The front lot in front of the main building which has several handicap accessible spots and very easy access to the main building.
- The rear parking lot behind the main building which has many spaces and has easy access to the main building.
- The lower lot next to our fellowship building which has easy access to the fellowship building, but has a set of steps and an uphill incline to the main building.
We have several handicap accessible parking spots in our front lot which also has easy no step access to the front entry. We have wheelchair accessible seating spots available as well as wheelchair accessible bathroom stalls. If you have any specific needs, please contact us and we’d be happy to help however possible.
What We Believe
The members of Meadows Baptist Church believe:
The divine inspiration of the scriptures; the Deity and humanity of Christ; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutional death; His bodily resurrection; His ascension and pre-millennial return for the church.
That all men are sinners and their only hope is the finished redemptive work of Jesus Christ.
That a literal burning Hell is the abiding place of unbelievers.
That the two ordinances to be observed by a New Testament church are baptism and the Lord’s Supper administered by the local church; baptism being immersion in water of a believer to show forth our faith in the crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, Jesus Christ. Baptism is to occur prior to or in conjunction with church membership.
The Lord’s Supper is to be observed by the sacred use of bread and grape juice, commemorating the supreme sacrifice made by our Lord on Calvary. Wine will not be used based on Proverbs 20:1.
The doctrine of the trinity; the pre-tribulation rapture of the church; and the bodily resurrection of the dead in Christ at His coming.
- Church began meeting in a house on Stewart road in November 1960.
- On June 2, 1961 the church was organized with 22 charter members. Members of the organizing committee were Curtis Adkins, Leonard Lawson, Carl Brown and Ed Lackey.
- In 1963 a basement was constructed at present location of 2988 Stewart road Walnut Cove NC. Services were conducted there beginning in 1964.
- In 1968 construction was begun on the upstairs portion of building with services being held beginning in 1970.
- An addition was added to the church in 1982 with the first services being held on April 17, 1983.
- Construction of Gym/Fellowship Hall was completed in 1991.
- Construction of new sanctuary and classrooms was begun in August 2001.
- First Service held in the new facilities on July 28, 2002.
- Remodel of Fellowship Hall in 2006 to extend walls and upper floor over kitchen.
- Remodel of old Church in 2010 for use as Children’s Church.
Our Past/Present Pastors
Jun 1961-May 1976
Oct 1976 – May 1979
May 1979 – May 1997
Jul 1997 – Jun 2005
Aug 2005 – Present